Introduction to Snitzl.

Introduction to Snitzl :  Here's a collection of scratch building projects starting from March 2012 until the present day. The project's include just about everything that you would expect make when building a 4mm scale layout.This blog also includes building projects for Kimberley Station,  Notts, which was part of the Great Northern Railway  and later became Midland.
These day's, I model just about anything that takes my fancy regardless of region, and my latest project, verges on fantasy. Below are examples of some of my work taken from the two layouts that I am currently working on, these are 'Snitzl Town' and 'Fun Town. I take my inspiration not only from the real world but  also model press and films. The terraced cottages below are based on structures found on a layout  called Eaton Gomery, by Peter Thomas, the Mart, also pictured below actually existed in the early  1900's on Lower Parliament Street, Nottingham.  The track plan for Snitzl Town is similar in design  to Iain Rice's Tregarrick, which was a North Cornwall Minerals Railway, Fun Town on the other hand,  is a very simple micro layout which breaks all the rules. On Fun Town, none of the rolling stock  ever existed in the real world and many features such as the Jules Vernes Tower, Vernes  Flying Machine, Monorail, Railway Market and Steam Tram are pure modelling fun.

I started scratch building in the early 1980's and have included a few images below of my efforts.

Please note that it will take some time to transfer all my projects from a previous blog site to their new home, here on blogger. 


















<< Back to Main Blog.